Role and Responsibilities:
- Counsel patients with respect to diagnostic tests and cataract lens options.
- Counsel patients regarding Dry Eye testing, treatment and outcomes
- Counsel keratoconus patients on testing, treatment, etc.
- Schedule surgeries for patients at three different surgical facilities.
- Maintain surgical wait list.
- Liaise with external surgery facility staff to book surgeons surgery dates at facilities.
- Book and inform patients of diagnostic testing, pre-and post-operative appointments and surgery dates.
- Book surgical cases on surgery facilities online scheduling systems.
- Review surgeon’s charts to identify surgical requirements such as special instruments or special order devices, and confirm resources available at surgery facility.
- Prepare paperwork including consents, surgical calculations, lens orders, surgical supplies and instructions for patient.
- Review surgical expectations with patients and families.
- Answer the cataract surgery emails and telephone inquiries.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Must have one of the following 3:
- College diploma or Certificate in a health related field or;
- 2-3 years’ practical experience within an ophthalmology clinical office environment with an ophthalmic technician certification from an accredited school
- Bachelor degree in a health related field is preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Has worked in an environment that is influenced by goals, targets and KPI’s
- Thrives in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Computer knowledge: Intermediate Word, Excel, Email, Internet, Electronic Medical Record systems, general troubleshooting.
General Role Requirements
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and take direction in a fast-pace workplace.
- Ability to follow process and procedures as directed.
- The ability to communicate within the office in a pleasant, friendly manner overall.
- Identify malfunctions in office equipment and take initiative to troubleshoot or escalate as required.
- Ensures to comply with general safety practices.
- Informs the management team, immediately situations that have a major impact on business.
- Ensures that the clinic areas are maintained in accordance to guidelines.
- Performs additional administrative responsibilities as needed or delegated by leadership team.
- Informs the management team immediately of any situations that have a major impact on business.
- Provides ideas and suggestions to increase the efficiency/profitability of operational processes.
- Follows all Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and organizational information.
- Changes in task and responsibilities as necessary.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Surgical Coordinator – Mississauga, Brampton or Toronto” in the subject line.
Prism Eye Institute is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
Return to Careers