Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with external surgery facility staff to book surgeons surgery dates at facilities.
- Counsel patients with respect to diagnostic tests and cataract lens options.
- Book and inform patients of diagnostic testing, pre-and post-operative appointments and surgery dates.
- Book surgical cases on surgery facilities online scheduling systems.
- Review surgeon’s charts to identify surgical requirements such as special instruments or special order devices, and confirm resources available at surgery facility.
- Prepare paperwork including consents, surgical calculations, lens orders, surgical supplies and instructions for patient.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- College diploma in ophthalmology/health care industry preferred.
- 1-2 years’ practical experience within a medical/ophthalmology clinical office environment preferred.
- Computer knowledge: Intermediate Word, Excel, Email, Internet, Electronic Medical Record systems, general troubleshooting.
General Role Requirements
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and take direction in a fast-pace workplace.
- Ability to follow process and procedures as directed.
- The ability to communicate within the office in a pleasant, friendly manner overall.
- Identify malfunctions in office equipment and take initiative to troubleshoot or escalate as required.
- Ensures to comply with general safety practices.
- Informs the management team, immediately situations that have a major impact on business.
- Ensures that the clinic areas are maintained in accordance to guidelines.
- Performs additional administrative responsibilities as needed or delegated by leadership team.
- Informs the management team immediately of any situations that have a major impact on business.
- Provides ideas and suggestions to increase the efficiency/profitability of operational processes.
- Follows all Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and organizational information.
- Changes in task and responsibilities as necessary.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Surgical Coordinator – Mississauga” in the subject line.
Return to Careers