Prism Eye Institute (PEI) has been serving the communities of North York, Brampton, Oakville/Mississauga and surrounding areas for over 50 years. In 2020 North Toronto Eye Care (NTEC) merged with Prism Eye Institute, to form Prism Group Holdings (Prism) and the largest Ophthalmology practice in Canada. In 2022, PEI further strengthened a partnership with Vision Group Canada (VGC) and is working to expand its footprint nationally. VGC operates over 50 clinics and 70 surgical facilities performing over 100,000 procedures annually. PEI is an internationally renowned institute with 5 facilities and 2 surgical centres, serving over 200,000 patients and perform 10,000 surgeries each year. Prism is a centre of excellence providing a full spectrum of eye care and recognized for handling some of the most complex eye diseases in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Patient Experience (SMPE) to join the team at our Oakville and Brampton location . The SMPE is responsible for managing systems and the performance of the front desk, contact center and bookings & referrals. The SMPE will be integral in continuous quality improvement, strategic and fiscal planning as well as program development. The SMPE will also be responsible for migrating policies, procedures and systems with newly acquired and/or merging clinics.
What you will do:
- Reporting to the Director of Operations, the SMPE will be accountable for:
- Partnering with other leaders to ensure staff is adhering to practice standards and are fully executing the admin protocols
- Coaching and developing team members to ensure clinic effectively executes service principles and standards
- Supporting team leads with staffing, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Effectively managing patient complaints – in accordance with our policies and procedures, you will be required to proactively and reactively manage service concerns and issues raised by patients.
- Works with all Program Managers on staff/work force planning, hiring, scheduling, attendance tracking, rewards and recognition and dealing with human resource issues.
- Using data to improve the patient experience in all departments as they relate to their respective portfolio.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations, developing specific department goals that align with Prism’s annual strategic plan.
- Providing and participating in regular weekly and monthly reporting and analysis to Team Leads, including outcomes for all key indicators with clear solutions.
- Must be willing to travel in a designated area (Greater Toronto Area)
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Minimum of five years of management in the health care industry, preferably in eye care.
- Medical or Health Related University Degree is considered an asset
- Proven track record of meeting and achieving goals/targets
- Solid evidence of community outreach and involvement in health related industries
- Flexible hours required, to support practice needs, including occasional weekends and evenings
- Strong multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
Competencies you possess
- Budget/Cost Control/Forecasting: Leadership, oversight and accountability, and support in the development and execution of department budget.
- Patient and customer service focus: Ability to consistently build long-term relationships based on the delivery of both patient service and patient care.
- Team work: Readily sharing information, knowledge and personal strengths. Seeking to understand and building on differing perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Problem Solving: Ensuring that decisions are made based on policies, rules and organizational directives and solving the emerging problems. Thinking critically through analysis required to proactivity address business and organizational issues into the future.
- People Development: Effective leadership focusing on developing others, holding self and others accountable through visionary leadership.
- Oral and written communications: The knowledge of effective and appropriate communication patterns and the ability to use and adapt that knowledge in various contexts.
- Conflict resolution, mediation and problem solving: Facilitating the prevention and/or resolution of conflict while preserving working relationships.
- Time management and prioritization: Assesses relative importance of activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when appropriate and takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
- Project leadership/project management: Strong ability to achieve results, through collaboration, impact and influence. Incorporating planning, coordination and executive, resulting in service and quality excellence.
- Self Awareness: Personal effectiveness with strong emotional intelligence that focus on self knowledge/awareness and awareness of how to best conduct oneself setting an example for others.
Salary- $70K-$80K + bonus based on goals and objectives
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Prism Eye Institute is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources