Prism currently has an exciting opportunity for a Clinic Coordinator at our Toronto location. The ideal candidate will be accountable for supporting the day-to-day activities of our busy surgical centre(s). The incumbent will be an individual who is knowledgeable with operating room and clinical functions, policies and processes.
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Surgical Services (SMSS), the Clinic Coordinator will be accountable for the following elements:
· Facilitate a practice environment promoting clinical excellence in the provision of patient-focused care
· Oversee the day-to-day flow of the North Toronto Surgery Centre. This includes assisting in PACU as needed, diagnostics, cataract counselling, clinical assisting and excludes the OR
· In collaboration with SMSS and the Operating room coordinator (ORC), implement policy and procedures across the healthcare facility
· Employ financial acumen in resource management
· Be an ambassador for excellence in patient care and patient experience
· Ensure that stock levels are adequate and orders are placed on time
· Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision
· Sterilize instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements
· Complete timely and accurate documentation of patient visits
· Collaborates with the SMSS, ORC and tech team lead to ensure adequate staffing to meet the needs of the surgical center
· PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) tracking
· Liaising with the SMSS, ORC and scheduling teams to ensure surgical dates are being opened appropriately and maintaining waitlist information.
Leadership competencies for all leaders include the following (but not limited to)
1. Strong ability to achieve results, through collaboration, impact and influence. Incorporating planning, coordination and executive, resulting in service and quality excellence.
2. Effective leadership focusing on developing others, holding self and others accountable through visionary leadership.
3. Thinking critically through analysis required to proactivity address business and organizational issues into the future.
4. Personal effectiveness with strong emotional intelligence that focus on self knowledge/awareness and awareness of how to best conduct oneself setting an example for others.
Education and Experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Clinic Coordinator” in the subject line.
Prism Eye Institute is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.