Prism is currently looking for a Clinic Liaison to join our amazing team. This role is to support the complex scheduling needs of our medical and optometric teams. The Clinical Liaison’s are responsible for the booking and monitoring of one or more doctors’ schedules, while also confirming the details of patient appointments
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring professionalism in all communications with existing and/or potential patients.
- Responsible for accepting referrals from various channels and booking the referrals according to Prism and/or doctor specific protocols.
- Ensure all patients are booked accurately with the appropriate and accompanying testing. CL’s will be required to provide information including the rationale, function, and cost of both insured and non-insured testing.
- Responsible for communicating with their paired doctor(s) regarding any abnormalities or difficulties in scheduling/booking.
- Ensures internal follow up request messages (Ticklers) are booked in accordance with the Clinic Liaison Policy and applicable patients are placed on the Doctors waitlist within 3 business days of receiving.
- Clarify booking/follow-up requests with their paired doctor(s) if they are outside of Prism and/or doctor specific protocols.
- Work in close collaboration with the Operations Specialist to ensure the appropriate amount of clinic days are available to meet the patient demand volumes.
- A CL who is supporting a surgeon must also work closely and collaboratively with that surgeon’s surgical coordinator to ensure they are maximizing the availability of their respective doctor.
- CL’s must be up to date on testing – including but not limited to: Reasons/purpose for testing, How the testing is performed, The cost of the test(s)
- CL will also respond to email/Oscar messages from patients and other departments in a timely manner.
- Schedule checks (3-week, 1-week, 48 hour).
- Reassure the patients by providing superior customer service
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years administrative in health care
- Medical or Health Related Diploma/Degree is considered an asset
- Proven track record of meeting and achieving goals/targets.
- Experience using EMR systems.
- Prior experience in customer service (in a medical clinic or other related field).
- Flexible hours required including some weekends and evenings.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and mention “Clinical Liaison – Oakville, Brampton or Toronto” in the subject line.
Prism Eye Institute is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.