The Billings Coordinator (3 days/week) supports the Billings and Finance departments, and reports to the Director of Finance.
This position requires knowledge of Medical Records Billing including, but not limited to, the following:
- Creation of invoices in the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system (for third party payments and Emergency/ on call clinics)
- Validation of invoices in the EMR (ensure correct Billing codes used)
- Preparing and submitting to the Ministry the electronic file of invoices by doctor each week
- Download Ministry Remittance advice and Errors file and work to resolve against invoices generated in the billing system
- Guiding the operations teams (Front desk, Technicians and surgery teams) with respect to processing refunds, creating invoices, taking payments, invoice corrections, and form completion
- Liaising with various regional government bodies to submit and receive payment for invoices
- Working with Law firms/other Doctors Offices to submit and receive payment for invoices and transmit files to them.
- Preparing forms/notes for Doctors/Patients to complete for patients
- Liaising with patients for various inquiries and updating patient records
- Work with Director of Finance to validate month end reporting and make associated adjustments in the billing system
- OSCAR Administrative functions related to the billing module (code creation, managing billing forms, and assisting IT in whom should have access to which sites)
- Ensure all communication related to patients are documented in their respective patient charts on the EMR.
- Work with IT to ensure high knowledge of how the billing system works and be able to test any billing system upgrades/updates.
- Ad-hoc requests
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Previous experience with OHIP billings (5+ years)
- Knowledge of the Schedule of Benefits from OHIP is required
- Experience with OSCAR or similar Electronic Medical Records system
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare Excel spreadsheets as needed
- High attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Attendance to regular hours of work in a reliable and punctual manner
Level of Authority
Work will be performed independently following established policies and procedures. The role will be reporting to the Director of Finance.
Fast paced environment with deadline requirements. Deadlines to submit to the Ministry must be met to ensure timely payment. Diligence must be evident in meeting the cut-off dates to ensure all billing is accurate and does not have errors as errors result in delay in payment of invoices.
This reflects the general details of the Billings Coordinator role at Prism Eye Institute. It should not be regarded as an all-inclusive listing as individuals may be asked to perform others duties if the need arises.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Billing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Prism Eye Institute is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.