Our surgical center, located in North York, has an exciting opportunity for a Surgical Nurse to join our amazing team. As part of our team you will contribute to providing care to our surgical clients. Your duties will be to provide scrub nurse services in the operating room during surgical procedures under the direction of the Surgeon and will include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Diploma in nursing of a recognized college or school of nursing or equivalent an asset
· Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
· Current BCLS certification
· Demonstrates knowledge, experience and the ability to care for patients with the following: initiation and maintenance of IV therapy, administration of medication as required, aseptic techniques, blood glucose monitoring, wound management skills, routine infection control practices, vital monitoring.
· Competitive salary
· Warm and personable team-based atmosphere
· Medical and dental benefits eligibility
· 1 extra paid vacation day for each consecutive year completed
· State of the art facility
Temporary position with potential to turn into a permanent position
Job Type: Part-time
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put “Surgical Nurse Toronto” in the subject line.
Prism Eye Institute is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.